Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, July 27

What a week!

One week ago today, we got to take Little Mister home from the hospital. What a crazy week it has been since then. We are so thankful that Memere was here to help with the big kids and help daddy clean out and organize the garage. It looks so much better and we were able to find all (?) of the baby stuff and get it cleaned and ready for Baby.

Sunday night, Sharon, Laena, Braeland and Pam came for a visit and brought dinner from Famous Dave's! So yummy. Hanging outside for a bit:

Monday morning, we had Mac's first well-child appt and Finn's ear follow up. Both appts showed the boys were doing perfectly well. Yay. That afternoon, Daddy, Memere and Korri took Finn to baseball practice and of course, the one day I miss, they PITCHED the ball! Oh, I bet Finn LOVED that.

Tuesday, we had Finn's last (sniff, sniff!) baseball game, which Mac thoroughly enjoyed, snuggled up with daddy.
I'm so glad we signed him up for baseball this summer. It seemed like a HUGE time commitment in the beginning but it just became our routine and he loved every second of it (and he got to meet more kids his age!). NeNe came over in the evening to play with Finn while Memere graciously took Korri to gymnastics, which they all loved.

Wednesday, Jim met Grandpa Ron in Murdock to pick up our lawn mower in order to get it back to our place (we needed a trailer). Then once they got it here, they loaded the trailer back up and headed to Hutchinson to pick up the rest of our bed pieces. Can't wait for that to get installed so our bed/room feels more like it belongs to a "big person." Memere finished up all of her help (again, for which we are beyond grateful) and Grandpa and Memere headed home (sniff, sniff).

Thursday, Pam so kindly invited Jim and the big kids to go boating with their family for the morning, which they did. Finn even went tubing for the first time and LOVED it:
Jim said both kids loved swimming in the middle of the lake, too. I'm so glad my kids aren't afraid of the water. While they were out having fun in the sun, a home health nurse from Allina came to visit Mac and me. We both checked out great. While I wasn't too concerned, it is a nice service. That evening, we had Finn's end of the year baseball picnic/party. It was a bit windy, but Little Mister slept happily in his covered car-seat the entire time! The kids had a blast. Again, I was sad to see the season end, but so excited to see what the rest of the summer holds. After the party, we met Grandma and Austin at our house for Austin/Finn weekend at Grandma's! Korri has been very emotional since Mac was born, so Jim and I were looking forward to some time with just her.

Speaking of, Friday, Jim and Korri had a daddy/daughter date! They both knew they wanted to go shopping and Korri picked Ridgedale, I think to Jim's dismay, as I think he would have preferred MOA. She played in the play area, they got their pictures taken in a photo booth, did a little shopping and had lunch. A perfect date for both of them. Later that evening, Born's came over and brought dinner (in additional to picking up some grocery necessities we were out of!). It was a great evening but holy moly, was I tired by the end!

Saturday, I packed up the kids and met Auntie Kristine and Zander at Lake Rebecca park to play and swim! I may have over done it a bit, but the weather was perfect and Korri and Zander play super well together. Then we headed to our respective houses for nap time and then auntie, uncle Alex and Zander came over for dinner and so Alex could help get the lawn mower started (which he did, but it STILL needs s tune up...will we ever be able to mow our own lawn?!?!). In the afternoon Stacey and Dillon stopped by for a quick snuggle session with Mac!

This morning, I packed the kids up and took them to church by myself! And it went well. There is nothing a bunch of Catholics like more than a newborn! When we got home, NeNe and Uncle Les brought LeAnn Chin over for lunch...yum! Then, I had the pleasure of a long nap. Awesome.

Here is Big Sister giving Baby Mac a 'moochie (through all that hair):

Most importantly (to me!), I finally am feeling somewhat "normal" again! It was a tough week for me physically and somewhat emotionally, as the "baby blues" have reared their ugly head a few times, but so far, doesn't seem to be postpartum depression, although I am very watchful for the signs (given I had it with Korri, I'm much more likely to have it again). Also, I was severely anemic (I think due to the blood loss during birth) but due to side effects, my doctor didn't want me taking an iron supplement. I don't know if you've ever been extremely anemic before but wow...just walking around took more energy than I had (and I was pretty yellow, just like Mac!). The effects of the third degree tear were pretty rough, too, but I am now able to get up and down without cringing, which I think is a victory! And I'm so happy to report that the swelling in my feet seems to finally be gone, for the most part. That was really tough and painful but I noticed on Friday that it seemed to be getting better. They said it would take about a week and I guess one week and one day is close. Overall, well on the way to recovery.

No comments: