Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, July 11

Super baby

Yesterday my OB appt showed no cervix change (of course). However, the doctor was concerned because my belly was measuring at FORTY-ONE weeks and I'm only 36. So she scheduled a growth scan ultrasound for last night (it was the earliest I could get in). Stacey and Dillon graciously met us at the hospital so Jim and I could go without kiddos. The US showed that Babygan is measuring at 40w 2d, which is almost exactly 4 weeks ahead and is in the 98th percentile for size! My fluid levels showed normal (usually they show high) but baby was super active, so it is hard for them to get an accurate measure of fluid. Basically Babygan is measuring at 8 lbs 12 oz with a +/- of 20 oz (could range between 7lbs 8oz to 10lbs.). And we are four weeks early! Yikes. My doctor doesn't seem concerned but we are all hoping I deliver sooner rather than later for risk of needing to deliver an 11+ lbs baby! This is something I've never had to worry about before and honestly, I'm not very comfortable or happy with it, but there is nothing I can do about it either (I guess bigger is better than smaller but I'm not looking forward to all the comments either). It is in God's hands and we just continue to pray that my water breaks or these contractions actually start doing something to my cervix. Here's hoping for an eventful week!

Also, happy birthday to Grandma/Mom/Kathy! Hope you have an awesome day.

No comments: