Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, July 23

Mac's Well Child

Sunday was a nice and quiet day. Mac did great and the big kids were so happy to have us home. Thank you to Sharon, Laena, Braeland and Pam for visiting and to Sharon for bringing us Famous Dave's for dinner! So thoughtful and appreciated.

Bright and early Monday morning...okay 9:30, we had Mac's first well child appt. Jim was able to schedule Finn's ear follow up at the same time, which was SO helpful. Basically, Mac is perfect, even given his slightly early arrival into this world! There was nothing of concern at all. So happy to hear that. They took his blood for his bilirubin levels and while they were still elevated at 13.9, they would have needed to be around 19 for them to treat. That means we don't need to do anything special until his two week well child! He had gained 3 oz, which is AMAZING, which brought him back up to 8 lbs 8 oz. The dr was so happy with that that he said Mac can go up to 4 hours at night between eatings, if he is sleeping! Sweet! So so so happy about the whole visit.

Finn's left ear had healed and the tube was still in (we already knew the right one had come out, but that one wasn't infected)! We couldn't believe it. That means it was just an infection and NOT his ear drum rupturing. The dr said that "most" kids don't need tubes once they are in kindergarten, but then again, Finn doesn't usually follow the path of "most" kids when it comes to medical things. The Dr said we will need to watch him through this cold and flu season and if he does well (has less than 3 infections in 6 months), we can probably say he won't need new tubes! I'm praying for that to be true as I'm really not comfortable with a third set. Finn did a great job and was showing off the whole time!

Basically, Mac is doing great, sleeping lots and eating well. I'm so happy he seems to have figured out this eating thing, after two horrific experiences with my first two. He isn't eating even close to the supply I have, so I am trying to be patient for that to even out on its own (I've only pumped twice since coming home). I finally got a nursing app to help me remember when, which side and how long he eats and that helped a lot for me (too much to remember). Nights have been really good so far...but then again, he is sleeping almost all the time, so I'm not sure how long it will continue.

I don't think I mentioned that Korri got a cold on Thursday (the day he was born) and Jim and Finn got a cold on Friday! I've been hoping and praying that neither I nor Mac got it but last night, Mac was congested, lots of extra snot and a congested eye. Argh! I'm hoping it doesn't turn into anything but will probably call the dr just to be sure. Darn germs! And I feel everybody has been trying so hard to wash hands and use germ lotion. I guess you can only do so much to prevent these things. Hopefully just a "normal" cold, if there is such a thing with a 6 day old!

And because who doesn't love a baby video, here is Mac sucking his thumb last night, which he figured out all by himself! What a little sucker...LOL!


Finn had his last baseball game yesterday. I can't believe how quickly the season went by! When I signed him up, I thought it was going to be more of an inconvenience than it was. Finn had a blast all season and I think learned a few things. I was/am really proud of him for how well he listened and paid attention, especially for a five year old when all the other boys were dinking around (he did, too, but not nearly as much!). It was disappointing that it was tee-ball instead of baseball, but that starts at age 7, I guess. Hoping to get Korri in next year, even though she will be half a year too young. Here is Mac and daddy watching the game:


No comments: