Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, July 3

Hurry up and wait

First off, let it be known that I'm so thankful and happy that Babygan has continued to "cook" for longer than 32 weeks, when I first went into the hospital. Every day means that much bigger, healthier and less time in the NICU. However, unless you've been in my position (which I've now been in twice), you honestly have no idea what it is like to be in labor but not laboring for weeks on end, never knowing if or when things will change. The mental game is exhausting, especially since I have to weigh the risk/reward of not going in if it is nothing compared to the fact that I labored for 4.5 hours with Korri, which isn't a long time! I know I sound like I'm whining and I feel bad/guilty about that, but it is what it is.

That being said, I've been having more significant contractions over the last day or so. This afternoon they were fairly regular and as close as four minutes apart. Did I go in? Of course not! Especially since I had an OB check this afternoon. The doctor checked me and I'm now dilated to a 4.5 or 5 and 80% effaced. Baby's head is still somewhat high, but she said that doesn't really matter in terms of whether or not you are in labor or going into labor shortly.

So, she sent me home to wait it out to see what happens. Yet again, we could have a baby tonight...or it could be in three weeks! Argh. But silver lining? Mommy and Babygan are fine physically and there is no reason for concern at this point. I guess we'll see what the next day or so brings! Thanks for all of your continued thoughts, well wishes and prayers. It is in God's hands, which I need to keep reminding myself.

No comments: