Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, July 9

Fourth times the charm?

Nope! So I know I said I wasn't going back into the hospital until my water broke or the baby was coming out. And since my water hasn't broke yet, that should tell you how painful and uncomfortable contractions were yesterday since I did go in last night, which for those keeping track, is my FOURTH trip to the hospital for labor symptoms. They started regularly around 4:30 and by 5:30, I was at a 5, possibly 6, on the pain chart and to this point, they have never progressed to that point. They were about 3 minutes apart. After Korri's gymnastics (which is where I was when all of this was happening...thank God Lynn was here to help Korri!), we decided to all go to dinner. I mean, again, what's the point. However all through dinner, I was clearly having issues, so Lynn and Ron (who just happened to be in town for Finn's baseball game) stayed and Jim and I went to the hospital.

What happened? Yup, you guessed it...no change! Still at a 4.5. I just don't get it. I mean, women go in with less painful and further apart contractions and come home with a baby. They monitored me for a little over an hour and then asked if I wanted to stay or go home. Well, duh...why stay if nothing was happening?!?! I was SO sure it was time. I woke up several times last night due to contractions, which again, is a new thing since they haven't been bad enough to wake me up.

So Ron and Lynn went home late last night, but are "on call" should anything change. Jim asked if he should stay home today (he is working in St. Paul) but again, I just don't see the point. So, I'm at home alone with the kids today, having significant contractions but probably "only" a 3 or so. ARGH! Okay, I'm done complaining. I'll probably be complaining about how little sleep I'm getting in a few weeks but if these contractions keep me up as much as they did last night...I'd rather be up because I'm taking care of my baby! Oh, and we are 36 weeks today, which is SO much better than 32. I just keep praying that God agrees that it is time to meet this little munchkin and allows my water to break...soon! Next OB appt is tomorrow, so I'll update if anything changes...but don't hold your breath!

How do you know you've been to the hospital too much? The charge nurse greets you by name and you comment on her new hair cut!

No comments: