Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, June 21

Sprung

We are free. From the hospital at least. We are 33 weeks and 3 days today.

Last night contractions were irregular but seemed stronger. I requested to be put back on the monitor to check late last night and the nurse wasn't too concerned even though contractions were TWO minutes apart. Sheesh. Enough already. I was able to go right to sleep and slept well, so they obviously weren't too bad.

This morning they started talking about sending me home today or tomorrow. They checked my cervix and I was still at a 4 but 60% effaced. Since all these contractions aren't dilating me and after a lengthy conversation with the Perinatologist, they put me on a medication that should eliminate the "minor" contractions but not labor if that is what my body needs to do. So basically, treating the contraction symptoms but not preventing labor.

Given all that, Jim and I were fine with going home. The short term goal is to get me to Wed at which time I will be 34 weeks and it is likely Babygan can stay at Buffalo with me (it is a level 2 NICU). The next goal would be to make it to 35 weeks at which time baby statistically has considerably fewer complications with breathing and eating. After that, the goal is 37 weeks and beyond. We will take whatever we can get.

It feels so good to be home, even if it feels empty without the kiddos here. They went back with mom on Friday for the weekend and a family reunion. I have my next Dr appt on Thursday so I really hope there is nothing to report before then. Will update before if events warrant it.

Thank you Kristine, Stacey, Dillon, DeAnn, and Laura for visiting. It was a long three days and company always makes it go by faster. And double thank you to Laura for bringing Jim lunch. Options are limited. Until next time.

No comments: