Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, June 26

OB update

The short? No change! The long? My doctor is shocked that I'm still pregnant! She said not only that there isn't a change, she would say it has even somewhat improved (probably just because my contractions have leveled out)...still dilated to 4 and about 60% effaced. Contractions continue but the medication has helped manage the "tightening" ones that don't do anything. But then again, I was about this same stage for four weeks with Korri, so who knows?!?! She thinks I'll deliver within the next two weeks but again, the point is we just don't know. She also said that they would most likely induce me at 38 weeks (which would be 7/23) due to the progress/point I'm at. Good to know, I guess. So more of the same...wait and see. While I'm happy baby hasn't been born because a full term baby is always better, the mental strain this back and forth is taking a toll on me. For my sake, I'd rather just have Babygan, but for Babygan's sake, another three weeks would be best. So we just keep on keepin' on like we have been doing!

No comments: