Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, June 20

Friday mini-update

They checked my cervix late this morning and while contractions were about 2-3 minutes apart, there had been no change with my cervix (still dilated to a 4 and about 30% effaced). Even though the contractions didn't appear to be moving things along, they are not happy with how close they were, so they decided to keep me here for the day. They took me off the monitor (yay!) so I was actually able to shower (oh, so happy for the sweet simple things in life!). They will monitor me again this evening to see how things are doing. Over the last hour, contractions have become a little more intense, so I guess we will see.

This morning, it sounded like they are not comfortable sending me home as long as I'm contracting until I'm 34 weeks, which is when we would be able to deliver baby at Buffalo Hospital. So, worse case scenario, we will be here until Wednesday. Again, not sure what best case scenario is...a healthy baby, I guess!

Jim and I are catching up on Orange in the New Black. I'm so thankful for my husband for a million reasons but one is how tech savvy he is! You should see the cords he rigged to get Netflix on the hospital TV!

No comments: