Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, April 30

We made it!

Well, not to the end goal, of course, but we made it past yesterday...which was 25 weeks and 6 days and the day in my first pregnancy that Finn was born! I know there is nothing magical about that specific point in the pregnancy but just as it did with Korri, it feels so good to be past that milestone. So Finn will officially be the earliest of our children and now we know we can handle whatever may come! I'm glad that Finn will have the title of "earliest born" and not this little one!

Today I had my glucose test for gestational diabetes and OB check. I chose fruit punch for the sugar stuff you have to drink and I have to say...it was WAY better than the stuff I had to drink when pregnant with Korri. So to all you pregnant women or those having future babies...pick the fruit punch flavor! It gave me heartburn but I guess that isn't too out of the norm. I was a little worried that I might have it because my belly has been measuring a little bit (two weeks larger than it should today). And I just got the results back...no gestational diabetes! Yeah.

Since my biweekly ultrasounds are done (well, except for the one this Friday), my OB wants to see me every two weeks. Seems like a lot but probably necessary. She will do an FFN (Fetal Fibronectin) test at each appt. A negative with this test says that you are 99% likely NOT to go into labor over the next two weeks (barring any external factors like trauma or something). If you have a positive, it doesn't mean you will go into labor, as there are many things that can give a false positive but maybe more reason to proceed with caution (like we already aren't...LOL!). My FFN results for today...NEGATIVE! That is great news because I've been having a few symptoms lately (and my cervix was soft but thick, TMI I know) that were be a bit concerning so my doctor is really happy with the results. And more importantly, I shouldn't have the baby before 28 weeks! Why is that significant? That is when the lungs are developed enough for baby to breathe! Yay. Here's to two more uneventful weeks of pregnancy!

No comments: