Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, April 4

Twenty-two weeks and counting

Things are going well so far with this pregnancy (22 weeks as of Wed). As I did when pregnant with Korri, I get more nervous as we near the 24 week mark, which is when my water broke with Finn. I had an ultrasound yesterday and while my cervix length continues to shorten (from 5.5cm to 3.5cm yesterday), my OB is not overly concerned, as it is over 2.5 cm, which is the point where they get concerned. She reiterated to take it "as easy as possible" to try to get it to stabilize. With two small children, I'm not even sure what that means! LOL. They also measured my amniotic fluid, which was over the "normal" levels two weeks ago. She wasn't able to see all four quadrants but the fluid volume was estimated at 22 cm (under 25 cm is "normal") but they still categorize it as "high normal." Of course. So we continue to watch that as well.

Stacey came with me to my appointment yesterday and Kelsie was working in Buffalo, so she came over, too. It was fun to show them the baby and the baby was acting very "cute" for them. The baby was sucking on fingers/thumb (of COURSE we will have another thumb sucker!) and doing pouty lips!
So funny. It was my first ultrasound at my new OB office, which is done at the hospital. It was a very good experience and reinforced how good of a decision it was to switch. We are in the process of setting up home care to administer my progesterone shots, so hopefully that will be in place by next week before my next shot is due. Poor Stacey...she saw the HUGE needle they use. I think she might have thought I was exaggerating about how big the needle was and how painful the shot is. Now she knows! LOL. I scheduled a tour of the Buffalo Hospital Birth Center for early May. Now I'm just praying that we still need the tour by then (i.e. haven't had preterm labor or delivery yet!).

No comments: