Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, April 17

Pointy chin!

Things continue to go well...but I guess that is always the case until they don't! Ha. I had an ultrasound this morning and it went GREAT! Baby posed for lots of cute pictures (something my children must learn really early!). Amniotic fluid level was normal (yay). And most importantly and what I was most nervous for...my cervix remains at 3.5cm...which is unchanged from two weeks ago. This is the first time it hasn't thinned between ultrasounds, so that makes me really happy and relieved. I have my glucose test and routine OB check up in two weeks. We'll see how that goes but I feel much better about things after today's appt.

On Saturday I will be 24 weeks and 3 days. Anybody remember why that day is significant? That is when my water broke with Finn. There is nothing "magical" about that date but it is a milestone I was so happy to get passed with Korri. I'll breath a little easier after then (especially since we'll be in Oville that day...yikes!). The next milestone after that on our radar is 25 weeks and 6 days which is when...I delivered Finn. I just can't even comprehend that all really happened. Crazy. Here's to lots more weeks of a healthy, non-preterm labor pregnancy!

Oh and we decided not to do home care for my weekly progesterone shots. While it would have been very convenient, it would have cost us $700 (the remainder of our deductible) AND $35/week for each visit! Um, let me think...there is NO out of pocket cost to just go in to the office vs $700 (deductible) + $420 (week shot x how many weeks I have left). No brainer, even though I REALLY would have preferred to have a nurse come to my house. Oh, well.

Here are some pics from the ultrasound this morning. As you can tell from the first one, this child has the same pointy/prominent chin that my other kids do! Too funny that you can tell that already. Also, the 3D one was done by HAND by the tech. Amazing. Even though baby is super cute and I can't wait to cuddle, I keep reminding baby to stay put for now!


No comments: