Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, April 29

New doctor

On Friday, Finn and I went to his (second) well-child appointment. As you'll recall, after giving him three chances, I HATED the doctor we saw in Buffalo so the doctor at Finn's NICU Follow Up recommended going to Wayzata Children's Clinic in Delano instead. Well, I finally got around to making the new patient/well-child appointment, which was last Friday.

Now I realize it was only the first appointment but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new clinic and doctor! I looked through the doctors' bios before making the first appointment and picked Dr. Bies because it said she specialized in children with complex medical issues. Now I know Finn doesn't have complex medical issues any longer, but my hope was that she would better understand the journey we've had and know what we (okay, I) would need in the future in a healthcare provider.

I loved this place from the moment we walked in. They greeted Finn by name and engaged him the whole time. I'd pre-filled out the form (of course!) so we were going through them. It was so organized, professional and friendly. By the time we were done with forms, the nurse was waiting to take us back. We actually saw a resident first and he was awesome with Finn. I kind of wished he was staying at this clinic when he was done! But I really liked the doctor, too. I explained why we switched and she said she completely understood and hoped I would always feel comfortable to bring things up and expect an appropriate response from her or her team.

The facility is great and they have four other locations. They said that they have same day sick appointments in Delano but they offer tons of other hours and options at the other locations as well. Basically, we will be able to reach somebody or go in to see somebody almost any time, any day! Finn's feedback would be that they could use some toys in the exam rooms, but they had books and he managed to crawl around and keep himself occupied.

So, I think all of our kids will be going here. If Korri is healthy this year, she won't need to go back in until January but we'll establish baby at this clinic, too. I feel SO much better about our doctor situations (Finn's and mine) now that we are no longer going the clinic we were going to. Hard to have to do that, especially when you are new to an area, but glad we took the time to find better care for our family! Here's to a healthy year for our family...and wonderful care if we aren't!

Before his appointment, we had a mommy/Finn date at the coffee shop. He picked hot chocolate and a chocolate chip cookie which, of course, was bigger than his head. It was so much fun to have one-on-one time with him and he really enjoyed it too.

No comments: