Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, March 24

Third times a charm?

Since Jim shared our news on Facebook last week, I thought I should make it official here as well. We will be a party of five starting this August! Yes, Baby #3 is on the way and we are (technically) halfway through the pregnancy. So far, things have been going really well. Things might start getting a little interesting in a few weeks, but for now, all is well.

We had our level 2 ultrasound last Thursday. It was at Abbott and they had a pediatric cardiologist come in to read it while we were still there...and everything looked perfect with the heart! So happy. There could still be some small issues they can detect after birth but those issues are "easily" corrected. My cervix continues to be plenty long, but continues to thin (about half a centimeter every two weeks). This concerns me a bit, but doesn't seem to concern anybody who knows what they are doing! The one thing that came up was that I have more amniotic fluid than I should (which makes me feel better since I got HUGE way earlier than with either of my other pregnancies...some of that is to be expected, but this is ridiculous!). This could be caused by problems with baby's stomach function (everything looked fine on the ultrasound), problems with the kidney function (again, everything looked fine) or gestational diabetes, but baby measured exactly the right size and would measure large if that was the case. So for now, they want to continue to measure the fluid levels. I have ultrasounds every other week to monitor my cervix and then in six weeks we will do a growth scan. They basically just wanted me to be aware because obviously if you have too much fluid, it can cause your uterus to become tight, which can lead to contractions which is a huge risk for me (well, anybody but especially with history of preterm labor and delivery). I think it sounds worse than it really is. As with most things, we just wait and see.

Much to Jim's frustration, "we" have chosen NOT to find out the gender this time. We did with Finn and Korri and I didn't think it was necessary this time since we already have boy and girl stuff! Although, based on the first picture (below) that we got of him at the ultrasound, I think baby is just like daddy...baby was giving us the one finger salute! LOL. We have several other pics but this one is scanned in, but not the best one to SEE the baby.

Just like in my pregnancy with Korri, we are looking to switch OBs halfway through the pregnancy. I'm so frustrated that it is necessary but we just weren't receiving the level of care that my kind of pregnancy requires. So, I have an appointment with a new doctor on Thursday later this week. It is at the one other clinic in Buffalo but we are optimistic based on our phone conversation with them last week. This is the ONE reason I wish we were still in Minneapolis...we were 15 minutes from Abbott and my OB's office was amazing (AND was across the street from Abbott!). Oh, well. We will figure this out and God will help us with what we can't!

Nighttime potty update: Korri's record remains at 11 nights. She is still dry most nights and then will be wet one but she is doing great. Finn just reached FIVE nights in a row last night, which is his new record! His reward was new Dusty Crophopper sheets (shhhh...don't tell him that I'd already bought them because he needed a second set anyway!).