Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, March 14

Potty Time

Update on potty training...Korri has now been dry EIGHT nights in a row! Our deal was when you are dry seven nights in a row, you get to pick anything you want (think along the lines of hotel stay, Chuck E Cheese, Children's Museum, etc.). And you know what she picked? Ice-cream, specially an ice-cream cone. I can handle that. She called daddy yesterday morning to tell him the big news and asked if he could come with to get ice-cream. So hopefully we can do that this weekend some time. I'm so proud of her, but I guess not overly surprised. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of the details, but she did the same thing when she potty trained...kind of did it herself! Girls!

Finn is having a hard time because the day Korri hit day six, Finn was wet and had to start over. It is hard for him and I think it is just harder for boys in general. For a while, Finn wouldn't go potty when we woke him up and would become violent. But now (maybe because of this quasi-competition between the two), both kids go potty when I take them between 10:30 and 11pm, which I think helps a ton with not wetting.

And on a different note (and because I don't like a post without a picture), I finally pulled out the blender yesterday afternoon and whipped up some 'moot 'mooies (fruit smoothies, for those of you who don't speak Baby Finn)! They loved them (as did I). I need to make them more often. Apparently, it is better to stand up while having them!

No comments: