Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, March 17

Korri's First Hair Cut

I was both dreading Korri's first hair cut and also couldn't wait for it to get here as soon as possible. Her hair was just impossible to brush and she didn't like it to be brushed, which would just spiral into more tangles and more tears. So, we set a date for after auntie's wedding so Korri could have curls for the wedding. I teared up twice when talking about getting her hair cut before the the big day, but surprised myself with only feeling emotional as we walked into the salon and no tears DURING! Korri was amazing. She just sat there and didn't move a muscle. We checked before cutting to see if it was long enough to donate to Lock of Love (because we knew it was close) and it was! How exciting to be able to donate 100% virgin hair! Here are some before pics:

 
And after:
  

I don't think I'm alone when I say how much I love it! It is a drastic difference but Korri really seems to like it and I know it will be so much easier to take care of. However, this morning when I told her it was time to brush her hair, she was confused, "Mommy, it is short, I don't need to brush it!" Not exactly, sweetie pie! I will miss spending time with her when I'd braid it or do fancy things, but honestly, those times were usually met with resistance and arguing. When Korri is old enough to brush it herself, I will be the first one to tell her to grow it out, if she so chooses. And I have to admit, the shorter do kind of matches her spunky personality a little better, anyway!! For now at least. It is just hair...it grows :)

Visit Our Video webpage (link on the right) to see the video (it won't upload on here right now for some reason..argh!). It is at the bottom of the page.

Update on night time potty training, of course. Korri slept in unders last night for the first time and...was dry! I took her potty around 1:30 because she woke up. Dare I hope she caught on this quickly? Probably not, but I hope so. I'll stop counting at some point, but this is night ELEVEN of her being dry in a row! Finn is pretty good with short streaks of being dry and then having one wet night. I think he is getting better and does better when we remember to take him potty (sometimes  we need to twice!). I'll wait patiently, especially since he isn't in pull-ups, the bedpads work so well AND he takes care of it himself when he does wet (meaning changes his pad and pj's and goes back to bed!).

Oh and Happy St. Patrick's Day! I tried to put green cream cheese on the kids' bagels this morning...they were having none of it. Not very good at representing their heritage or names! Oh, well. They did both wear St. Patty shirts at least!

No comments: