Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, March 25

It is just hair...

It is just hair...It is just hair...It is just hair...It will grow back...It will grow back...It will grow back...

Or so I've been telling myself for the last 26 hours! Korri cut her hair last night and I mean CUT her hair. Right in the front and top.

The above pic was from this morning. She had gotten into some foot powder at the same time she cut her hair, so all I saw was her covered from head to toe in powder and marched both kids straight into the shower. At which time I noticed a large chunk of hair at the back of Korri's hair. I thought she had found a hair clump in the shower (gross and there NEVER is any). Until I noticed another and realized what had happened. She went to bed immediately after the shower with wet hair so I didn't know the full extend of the damage until this morning.

Let's just say that it was not my finest moment as a parent. It also really made me appreciate having Jim here when these things happen...because he wasn't and all I wanted was for him to step in and calm me down. His response to the above picture made me laugh out loud (this morning, nothing would have made me laugh last night), "Well, that looks awful." I'm sure I completely overreacted but I was so sad, angry and disappointed. When I put her in bed, I made sure to tell her that I loved her but I didn't like what she had done (I didn't want her going to bed thinking I hated her). She wet the bed TWICE last night, so she clearly was upset as well.


What I should mentioned is that earlier in the day, Korri and I had played "hair cut" while she was brushing my hair where she was Auntie NaeNae. I guess the FIFTEEN times I told her that she can't actually cut hair and only Auntie NaeNae does didn't sink in.

So, I've been in (pretty much constant) contact with Renae and she has agreed to try to blend in the "layered" pieces tomorrow on her day off. Oh, and I also told Korri that if she did it again, I would shave her head like Finn's hair. Like I said, not my proudest moment. Reason #252 that girls are harder than boys...you can just shave a boys hair if they cut it or gum gets stuck in it.

Silver lining? It was AFTER her first hair cut or I might not have survived since we waited THREE years to do that. So basically, she didn't have a hair cut for 38 months and now in the course of two weeks, she will have three hair cuts! Argh. Trying to keep perspective, it could have been far worse or she could have hurt herself with the scissors (however, she used SAFETY SCISSORS?!?! Apparently they can cut hair...consider this my public service announcement parents! You're welcome.).

No comments: