Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, March 27

Hair Revision

Last night we headed to auntie NaeNae's house to see if she could "fix" Korri's hair. As the evening went on, we realized far more hair had been cut than we/I initially thought. I thought it was a few pieces in the front and top...but there are actual BALD spots in the back. Which got Renae thinking...how could Korri have cut those spots? Dectective NaeNae was on the job...and Korri said something like, "Next time I won't let him." Excuse me? Come again?

So I asked Finn if he cut Korri's hair and since he has been on a lying kick lately, I said he had to tell me what his heart and Jesus would tell me if I could ask them. And he looked at me and said, "I cut Korri's hair." Just like that. Then he said that Korri cut it too. Holy sh!t! Renae told him to go hang out with uncle Craig, since she knew I had to process this new information. I called Jim and he calmly and wisely pointed out that if I punished Finn now, he would view it as punishment for telling the trust NOT because of his original actions. So true. So I had a private conversation with Finn and told him how wrong it was what he did and told him the consequences that would happen if it EVER happened again and that is could NEVER happen again. The kicker of the deal? I made Korri go right to bed Monday night and let Finn stay up late watching a movie with me...when HE was just as guilty, if not more guilty, than she was! Argh.

I don't know if I was more upset about the fact that it was far more hair than I thought it was or the fact that Finn assisted in the cut. Their actions as of late just don't jive with what I know and expect of my kids. They just aren't naughty kids, but I feel like they (especially Korri) have been so naughty lately. I feel like I can't let them play by themselves if they aren't in my sight. It is very frustrating.

Anyway, Renae was able to shape Korri's hair, trick it to fall in certain directions and hide the bald spots as best as possible. It is short in the back but still has a little length in the front. She said on average, hair grows half an inch a month, so I'm thinking in 3 months, it will be growing back in and in 6 months, we probably won't even remember what it looks like today (not that is looks bad, Renae did an amazing job with what she had to work with!!). Oh and she has bangs. Of course. The ONE thing I didn't want. I think God is smiling at me, reminding me of what is really important in life (and it isn't HAIR!) and of who is really in control (and it isn't ME!).

Kind of hard to tell the end result since I didn't take a pic last night but here you go:


No comments: