Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, March 10

Class of 2027?!?!

Yes, that is what the principal at (what will be) Finn's school told us tonight at Kindergarten Registration. Finn will graduate in 2027! Crazy. Crazy that we will have a kindergartner as of September of this year! Where has the time gone? Seriously?!?!

Finn is SO ready. I only wish mommy were as ready. I know he will be fine. I know he will make friends. I know he will do well academically and socially. I know his teacher will love him. I know he will behave and listen when necessary. I know he will raise his hand and stay in line...most of the time :) I just want him to be my baby forever and not share him with the world.

So tonight was Finn's kindergarten registration. A huge thank you to Stacey for watching Korri kind of last minute since I didn't even think about them not wanting siblings to attend, but duh! What I gathered is that registration is more for the parents than for the children, although the kids were split into two classrooms and got to know some of the teachers and other kids, which was nice. We sat through an hour long presentation about what kindergarten is. Man, from the sound of it, they learn a LOT in kindergarten. I remember painting and napping and recess! I'm sure I forgot a lot of the rest but things have changed a LOT in the, um, few years since I was five. They don't have a final count yet but the principal said she is expecting there to be three kindergarten classes (two in Waverly and one in Winsted, I assume) with a goal of 17 kids per class. That would be great! I went to a smaller school and we always had 28 kids in a class (give or take one or two), which looking back, seems like a lot. All kindergartners are eligible for busing (when older, you have to live more than a mile from the school...and we live 1.1 miles!) but they don't know what the before and after school program will look like because they didn't have very high participation. Um, what do people do with their kids? Don't they work "normal" hours? I hope they have a program or we will have to get creative!

Our new idiot pediatrician, whom we will no longer be going to, said that Finn was up to date with all shots until he was 12 or something. I asked the principal as we were leaving about immunizations and she said there are several that kindergartners needs. ARGH! Thankfully, we are going to Finn's NICU Follow Up Clinic appointment at Children's tomorrow afternoon, so I can ask there.

Overall the evening went well. I only teared up twice, I think, which is better than I was thinking I'd do. (God, please help me be strong on the actual first day of school) Oh, and the parents received a packet (SEVENTEEN pages long!) with forms to return and informational sheets. I asked Finn why I had homework for Kindergarten and he didn't! He thought that was funny. Onward and upward. Here's to the beginning of Finn's (and our) next new journey...

Oh, and Korri had her three year pictures on Sunday. This was the first time that I kind of let Jess just take her on their own and do the pictures without me micromanaging the whole process and forcing Korri to do things a certain way. Because I wasn't there to see what pictures Jess was taking, I'm dying even more than normal to see them! She promised some previews soon. I can't wait! I was so proud of how well Korri listened and did everything Jess asked of her right away. We took a family picture since we were dressed up from Camille's baptism and Finn smiled great, but wouldn't look at the camera! Argh. Just glad it wasn't HIS photo shoot! LOL. I'll post the link when I get it :)

No comments: