Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.
Saturday, November 9
Monster Cookie Bars
1 stick Butter
1 cup White Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
1-½ cup of Chunky Peanut Butter
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
4-½ cups Oatmeal
1 package (12 Oz. Size) Mini Chocolate Chips
1 package (12 Oz. Size) of milk chocolate M&M's (we prefer Reese's Pieces)
1. Combine the butter and sugars, blend well
2. Blend in eggs one at a time and baking soda
3. Add peanut butter in mix and blend until smooth
4. Then one cup at a time, mix in oatmeal
5. Slowly add in the M&M’s and chocolate chips (if you are using a mixer, don't over mix or candies will break)
6. Spread in a well greased 10x15 pan for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees– do not overbake! These taste better just a little on the soft side. Store in an airtight container.
So much easier than cookies...and just as good (if not better because they stay chewy).