Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, September 5

Because people keep asking

Yes, I have a new work schedule! I met with my boss and his boss last Thursday and we decided it was okay for me to work from home...part time. On a trial basis with an evaluation after one month, I will be working in the office Mondays (because Jim usually doesn't travel until Tuesday if he can help it) and Wednesdays (because it is my heavy meeting day) and from home the other three days. I think it is the most I could hope for right now and we'll see how it goes. I looked into the bus option but am hesitant to pursue it. I like having the flexibility a car gives you but I DON'T like driving the whole way (I would get on in Wayzata, I think). We'll see how that plays out. Oh and no update on the permanent position. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Bedtime update: if I'm completely honest, which I don't WANT to be, things are better. Going to bed is MUCH better and most nights, Korri only gets up once to go potty...even if she JUST went potty! Oh, well. I'll give her that one little concession. And things are fine until midnight or so. Then she gets up for who knows what reason! Last night I was up with her FOUR times and Jim was up with her TWO! Seriously. And then she was up at 6:15 and I said, "heck no!" I told her she had to go back into her room until it was light out (thank GOD it is getting light later now!). It worked and she didn't wake up until after 8! I'm just not used to getting interrupted sleep like this. I know it will get better (or at least HOPE it will). I think the other thing that is hard for us is that Finn is and always has been such a good sleeper that we don't know how to deal with this "new" behavior. Hopefully we figure it out together and if not, the knob locks I ordered from Amazon should be here soon and then she'll HAVE to stay in her room!

Overall, daycare is going great! Finn is 100% adjusted and LOVES it (although he does talk about his "old" daycare once in a while). Korri is having a really hard time with drop off and the time leading up to drop off. As soon as she hears the word "daycare" she starts crying and says she doesn't want to go. Then once we get there, she clings until we hand her over to her teacher and then she screams. I know it is part of the transition (hey, this little girl has had a LOT of transitions over the last two months!) but it breaks my heart. She asked me this morning if she could just stay home with me. Oh, I wish, little girl, but I'd get NOTHING done!

Because I hate a post without a pic, snuggles with Finn this morning!

No comments: