Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, July 30

Long doesn't cut it

The kids LOVED staying at the hotel and while Korri didn't sleep the first night (that kid has NEVER been a good hotel sleeper!), we all got sleep the second. Friday was a BIG day. We said goodbye to our house and signed all the paperwork. We are no longer home owners (for the short term, anyway). It was sad for me when we walked out of the front door for the last time and it was sad at the closing when we were talking to the wonderful new owners. Sad but good. Then we went to daycare for Finn and Korri's going away party. I did well for a little while and then I just lost it. I LOVE that place and they LOVED my kids. I took lots of pictures and we promised to come back for a visit once life settles down (will it ever?!?!).

Then we left for Ortonville (via the Lowry Bridge, of course, so Finn could say goodbye!). We stopped to eat in our new town, Waverly, and it was really good food made entirely from scratch (good sign of what is to come, I think!). Then we got into a car accident in Darwin! Seriously, the saying "when it rains, it pours" doesn't even come close to the roller coaster we have been on for about two months. We, thankfully, are fine, but our van is not.
Even though it doesn't LOOK that bad, it was un-driveable and potentially totaled (haven't heard back on that yet). It was 100% the other driver's fault, so we won't have that headache to deal with. We were stuck in Darwin (a nothing town with nothing in it except a ball of twine) for over FOUR hours. The kids did great and we were able to get back on the road with a rental.

To say Friday was a long day doesn't even come close to how long it felt. But we survived and had a great weekend in Ortonville. The kids are there now, most likely having the time of their lives. I miss them but it was so nice to be able to go to a movie on a week night last night without having to make plans for who is watching the kids! And a huge thank you to Kelsie for letting us stay with her until we can move into our new house...closing on 8/16!


Jim said...

You didn't lose it at daycare. I thought you did well all things considered.

Stacy Thomas said...

I must have done a better job than I thought at keeping it together! Inside, I was a mess...and pretty sure I got a headache from trying NOT to cry!