Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, May 23

A Little Red Box

We've had two showings so far. The feedback from the first one was that they LOVED everything, but felt the house was too expensive for the market. I know everybody thinks their house is the best, but they will not find another house like ours in NE, so good luck with that! No feedback on the second one yet. I hate the waiting game (and keeping the house clean in the meantime!!).

Recently, Finn is obsessed with country music! One night he asked Jim if he could listen to country music. Jim was like, "um, sure..." The next morning, Finn told me that daddy let him listen to country music and they said, "naked" in the song. Hmmm...I don't even know where he heard the term "country music" because while Jim and I both listen to it, we don't refer to it as such. As far as the "naked" comment...he probably hears worse at daycare. You can't shelter them forever.

It was Jim's birthday yesterday! He came downtown to have lunch with me and then he had to find something to do in the afternoon for the showing. Then, after a drive that made me SO thankful I don't drive in rush hour traffic on the highways, I brought Famous Dave's home for dinner with NeNe and uncle Les! It was pretty low key, but it is hard to do much on a week night when you are showing your house. The kids liked the cornbread and baked beans...oh, and NeNe's cake with strawberry/rhubarb sauce (even if Korri called it apple sauce!).

Tuesday morning, the kids were watching the construction workers outside. So cute. I was working at home because Finn's class had an ice cream social with the senior center across the street from daycare. I'm so glad I went, even though it was very unorganized. The preschool classes planned three songs to sing with actions. ADORABLE! They had the parents stand with the kids, but I wish we could have been in the audience, too, so I could watch! Have Finn sing "I wish I had a Little Red Box" some time. SO CUTE!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The naked country song has to be the Kenny Chesney song about a pirate flag and an island girl. Carley caught onto that one line too, of course.

steph