Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, April 13

Pre-K

Well, we found out yesterday that Finn DID get into the High Five program through the Minneapolis Public School District...but did NOT get into the Spanish immersion school that was our first choice. Darn! I have to say, the whole process is a bit overwhelming, but I guess it is preparing me for next year when it is for KINDERGARTEN! Tear. Finn asked me the other day when Korri will go to Kindergarten. I said not for three more years when she is five. He replied, "Well, I'm going next fall, Korri!" How does he even know that?!?! The things he comes up with often blows my mind...or cracks me up.

While I'm really disappointed Finn didn't get into our first choice school, part of me is relieved because now we will probably opt to just keep him at daycare instead of going to High Five. They have created a pre-K class for 4 and 5 year-olds at his daycare so I feel like he is getting what he needs to be ready for kindergarten (let's face it, academically, he is probably ready now!) but he can stay in an environment he is comfortable with a little longer AND we don't have to worry about how he would get to school every day! Not yet, anyway. Plus, I was told there are TONS of people who don't get into High Five who apply, so maybe another kid who needs it can take his place. And maybe we won't even be living in the district this fall...

No comments: