Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, March 7

Potty, tumbling and hair

Well, Korri has been potty training for one week...and honestly, it is going really well. She has had some accidents, but very few in relation to how often she goes potty and how early she is in the training process. She even pooped in her potty chair once for Jim :) I've been doing some reading and "they" say that children typically poop-train before they potty-train (not counting sleep time). Really?!?! I don't think I know one kid who poop-trained first. Weird. Overall, Korri is good about going potty by herself (with often reminders from us), provided she has pants on that are easy to get off. Grandma should have a fun week with lots of potty breaks! Thankfully, Korri will still wear a pull-up, so if they are out and about without easy/quick access to a bathroom, all hope isn't lost :) And she CAN hold it, too, for a little while, which is nice (provided she hasn't already been holding it when she tells you she has to go!).

Finn and I headed to tumbling on Monday night for class #3. Much to Marcus' disappointment, we opted to have Korri (and daddy) stay home to avoid any more stress to an already potentially volatile situation (and it is good for each kid to have one-on-one time with each of us). Again, we talked about expectations and consequences on the way there. Like last week, Finn was having fun before class, but then clammed up when it started. He was standing by me, sucking his fingers and leering at the teacher/coach. He didn't want to sit with the other kids, but with my prompting (and mild threatening), he slowly walked over and sat BEHIND Laena...close enough! He quickly warmed up, scooted beside Laena and Henry and was fine. Ah, big sigh. I'm not sure if he is getting comfortable with the environment, his overall attitude is getting better or he really doesn't want to go to bed if we leave early...but regardless, this week was much better. Here's hoping...considering he will miss next week while at Grandma's!

And, I got my hair did! Jim and I went to the movie Safe Haven last weekend (thanks, Erica, for babysitting!) and I LOVED the main character's hair. So, I made an appointment for a place in my building and went over lunch on Tuesday. While I was a little apprehensive because it was at a "barber," the stylist who helped me was a 70 year old Lebanese man named George who reassured me he was a cosmetologist, not a barber (and his up-to-date license was on the mirror)! LOL. Since I needed a color anyway (darn grays!), we decided to lighten it up a bit and cut off about six?!?! inches. It is a little longer than I was thinking and a little darker, but I like it! He layered, thinned and textured it, so it is a lot more bouncy but still fits in a ponytail AND I can tuck it behind my ears (VERY important for me!). Overall, I am happy with it and while I prefer my baby sister to do it, would even potentially go back. Maybe another shade lighter for the summer?!?!
This picture makes me realize how dark my natural color is because it is a LOT lighter than when I started and I think it looks dark!

No comments: