Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, March 2

Is it Friday? It Feels Like Wednesday. Thank Goodness It's Actually Saturday.

Wow, I almost feel like an author.  Stacy asked me to make a "guest appearance" and post something on our blog - I reread some of my previous posts and I'm almost certain I can't live up the expectations - that dude could write; I'm positive that I've lost some amount of that mojo.

This week has been long and trying but alas ended on great note.  It is almost incomprehensible how quickly our children grow up.  Korri managed to be without her diaper all day and did not have a single accident; this being her first full day without a diaper, that fact is unbelievable.  I'm extremely pleased and impressed beyond words with her accomplishment - she must get this from her mother because I often feel the same way about her.  With Stacy it isn't so much her use of the toilet I'm impressed with, it's all the other incredible things she does!  The girls in my life are beyond amazing.

This morning I had the pleasure of taking the kids to ECFE.  I think it was probably the first time I had done so by myself.  It was a joy - the kids were wonderful during the play time and it was nice to speak to other parents about what they are going through if only to remind me I'm not crazy with what I feel about raising two young children - well at least not that crazy.

I finished the day off with a compression of conference calls for work to make up for the time in the morning and it was definitely stressful but worth it!  I extended my quality time with the kids during the evening while Stacy shopped for some items for our vacation the week after next.  They happily helped in cleaning up the house - although their enthusiasm for the cleaning may have been fostered by the offer of candy...

Stacy and I are both looking forward to the trip to Barbados.  I'm still wondering if we will have more fun than the kids who get to spend time with Grandma, Aunt Kelsie and Mamere.  It will probably be a tossup.

Thank you to those of you who have made it this far through my post.  I hope my rust didn't impinge on whatever pleasure you normally get from reading this blog.  For our regular followers, don't dismay as Stacy will make her return shortly.  And in keeping with my sign-offs from this publication, I must say again how much I love Stacy and appreciate her efforts in keeping these posts regular and interesting.  If this sappy note made you puke take solace in the reality that it will probably be some time before I author another post!

No comments: