Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, March 13

Bajan rum punch

Jim has had his (and my!) fair share of rum punch since we got to Barbados on Sunday! Bajan (pronounced Bay-jan with a soft "j") is what people from Barbados call themselves. Their rum punch is really good and delivers a strong "punch" if you aren't careful.

Since for whatever reason, I'm not able to upload pictures to our picture website, I thought I'd share a few here. We arrived in Barbados on Sunday to a "Meet and Greet" service which whisked us through customs (easiest customs either of us have ever done!). Then there was a shuttle (providing water and beer!) directly to the resort. We were welcomed at the resort with a mini welcome reception of three kinds of rum punch and appetizers! It was all very nice. Then we had some free time to check out the beach and resort before heading over for the Welcome Reception...all you can eat/drink from 6:30 to 10pm. We met a lot of Jim's coworkers and, as I mentioned before, Jim had a LOT of rum punches. We headed to bed pretty much right after the reception for, other than the obvious reason, the simple reason that we were really tired from traveling since 9am on Saturday! (Thanks again, Holly for driving us to the airport!)

Monday was a free day, so we just lounged around on the beach all day! It was great...exactly what I like to do on vacation. We decided to go to dinner at Daphne's, which is an upscale Italian restaurant next door to our resort. They didn't have fettuccine alfredo (Jim's favorite) but upon asking the chef, they improvised and Jim loved it! We headed back to the hotel bar where Jim pretty  much drank every rum punch on the island! I called it quits around 11:30 and Jim stumbled home around 1:30...with the help of a coworker and her husband! Sheesh.

Needless to say, Jim was in no condition to get up and participate in the planned excursion Tuesday morning, so I went by myself and Jim stayed home and slept! I'm glad I had met several people prior so I didn't feel awkward going by myself...to the Mount Gay Rum plantation and into town for shopping! I had a BLAST and Jim slept until 12:30! We relaxed in the room for the afternoon (I think I got a little too much sun!) and then went to the company sponsored dinner at a restaurant called Cin Cin (pronounced Chin Chin...like money!). This place was amazing! We literally sat on a balcony over the sea for dinner, which was lit from underneath! Amazing drinks and food and great conversation (I sat next to Jim's boss's boss...yikes!). We had one drink at the hotel bar when we got back and then turned in early.

This morning, we were at it early again (don't people who plan things know that we like to sleep in on vacation?!?!) for a company sponsored lunch on a catamaran. It was so much fun! Jim and I even went snorkling and saw sea turtles! I wish we'd had a water-proof camera. Later, I even jumped into the ocean from high on the boat and floated on a mattress for a while! I am so proud of myself for being so adventurous, including taking an open mouth shot from the bar! When in Rome... And I'm impressed with how relaxed and go-with-the-flow Jim has been! Much like Tuesday, I got too much sun, even with sunscreen, so I'm hanging out in our room...which is "lame" in Jim's mind! Oh, well. A cool shower will feel wonderful! More adventures tonight at the President's Award Ceremony and then everybody leaves tomorrow...so we'll get three days all to ourselves. Yay!

Here are some random pictures, since I couldn't upload them (darn!):







1 comment:

Lorry said...

Sounds and looks like you are having a great time!!!!! Wish I was there with you getting too much sun and to many rum punches!