Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, March 24

Artoo Cake

Well, the cake looked like...R2D2! Overall, I am very pleased with the end results. I was disappointed with how the Rice Krispie legs turned out but it was a first for me and I guess you learn as you go. I forgot my extra butter cream otherwise I would have filled in the space between the legs and the body. Oh, well. I'm fairly certain the person who ordered the cake was happy, so I guess that is what counts. I haven't heard what the birthday thought yet! So, here it is:

Now, I'm on to my next cake(s) which is in two weeks for Laena and Braeland. I'm also trying a new technique for their cakes, so I'm hoping to be able to practice this week.

Update: Korri pooped on the toilet for me! She's done it on and off for other people, but always refused when I tried to get her to. Well, the last time we were at ECFE, she pooped in her pants while I was at parent time and nobody noticed or told me. I was so upset about the whole thing. So this Friday, I told Korri very clearly what to do if she had to go poopy (tell a teacher when you have to poopy and they will get mommy). I also told the child educator what happened last time and asked that somebody keep any eye on Korri to see if she had to go or not. Well, halfway through parent time, they told me that Korri had to go to the bathroom. I ran over to her room and she was standing in the bathroom, waiting for me...and then she went poppy on the toilet! I was so happy and excited for her. I told her how proud I was of her and all the teachers said what a good job she did. Progress...yay!

Friday after work, we took a family "bike ride" around the block. It was so refreshing to be outside. It was a little chilly with the wind and the sidewalks weren't completely melted yet (hard to ride a bike through an ice lake!). When we got back home, the kids played and Jim and I worked on picking the ice off the driveway. LOVE it. A glimpse into evenings to come. Can't wait!

Saturday morning, we had the first day of swim class for the spring session. It was a big reunion! There were 8-10 kids in Korri's class, which was a huge change from her previous session where there were 3. In Korri's class is Zander (her cousin, duh!), Levi (friend from ECFE) and Santi (also from ECFE). Crazy. Finn's classes started out in the big pool, which they haven't done before...and Jim said he did GREAT! Korri and Zander both were trying to swim all over the pool...very comfortable with the water, even if Kristine didn't want to dunk Zander under and was "forced" to by me...Zander loved it for the record! Can't wait for classes to come.

After swimming, while I finished and delivered my cake, Jim packed the kids and brought them over to NeNe's for an over night. The kids and NeNe have been wanting an overnight for a long time, but it never seemed to work out except this weekend. So, Jim and I figured we could find SOMETHING to do by ourselves! We went to see Oz the Great and Powerful at St. Anthony Main, which is a very old-school theater. I liked both the theater and movie a lot, however, I would NOT want to go to that theater when they were busy (no close parking and THREE bathroom stalls in the ladies' room for all movies!)! After the movie, we had reservations at Fogo De Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse in downtown. We loved it; the drinks were sweet with a punch, the salad bar diverse and the meat...ever lasting! Seriously, you could literally eat until you burst (or died for that matter!) here. It was pretty expensive, so I don't know if we'll be back any time soon, but it was fun to try something new. We were back home and in bed by 10:30, I think...lame, I know! Thanks NeNe and Uncle Les for having a sleepover with the kids. They had a blast, from the stories we heard on the way home (well, until they passed out!).

No comments: