Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, February 7

Work is for the weak, too

Well, about Noon on Tuesday, I received the phone call from daycare that Finn's fever had returned and he wasn't doing well. So, I dropped everything and with no sick time because I'm a contractor, I headed to daycare to pick up my sick little puppy. He was super flushed and pretty lethargic when I got there (I have a pic, but it is on my camera, boo). We went home, gave him some meds and snuggled. He did not take a good nap, which surprised me since he'd slept so horribly the night before. But he kept hacking, which I'm sure woke him up. NeNe so graciously picked up some Pedialyte and came over for the afternoon and evening. I called the nurse's line and while she tried to be helpful (I think), she clearly had gotten this same exactly phone call 37 times before mine and was somewhat argumentative. But she did say it sounded like the rhinovirus, which is going around, and that put me at ease a little bit. She also said that as long as his fever responded to meds, there wasn't a reason for concern.

Since he'd had a fever at daycare, Finn couldn't return for 24 hours. And because it was so last minute, I wasn't able to find anybody to watch him and ended up staying home all day with him yesterday. His fever hadn't come back since Tuesday night, and he was clearly feeling much better. We even went to Target and he was a super good boy (Poor Finn...Target has tons of sales right now and I looked through a LOT of stuff in addition to picking up a prescription AND returning some things, but he was so patient!). One thing I noticed more than anything yesterday, Finn is SO good when Korri isn't around. He didn't whine once all day (or at least I didn't notice, if he did). The SECOND Korri got home from daycare, they were both crying, whining and pushing. Sheesh. Although, to be fair, I think Korri is a little under the weather, too.

So, we survived. Jim came home last night and both kids went to daycare today. Thank God for both of those things! Again, thank you, DeAnn, for dropping everything and coming over Tuesday. It was nice to just know I wasn't alone.

No comments: