Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, February 2

Well-childs revisited

Want to know how you know you have a good doctor? When you email them about a concern you have and they respond 13 minutes later! Serious, I do love our Pediatrician. So, after my venting on yesterday's post and everybody's overwhelmingly supportive comments, I decided, for piece of mind, I wanted some feedback/reassurance from Korri's ped. As mentioned above, I emailed her about how I was feeling and asked for her recommendation on what the course of action should be. She responded with a big "don't worry about this!" BMI is something they have to discuss starting at age 2, but she said she feels the chart is skewed for toddlers, they are just statistics and that the important thing is that Korri is healthy, which she is. I feel much better, even though this will probably stay in the back of my mind. She said that we don't want Korri to lose weight or change what she eats and that the small changes we did do (talking to daycare and switching to skim milk) are exactly right. (insert huge sigh of relief) I'm so glad I emailed her.

Because I emailed her, she also gave me the results of Finn's blood work. Basically he showed no signs of inflammation (yay!) and his calcium was normal. His Vit. D level was 28 and normal is 30, so he's almost there, but no actions are necessary. She said to see how Finn's pain complaints evolve over the next 2 months. They seemed a bit vague to her, which is typical of "growing pains." However, if the pain localizes to one area consistently, or we see joint swelling or redness, to definitely call/see her sooner. I personally think he wants something to whine about that he knows we will respond to. So more of what we are already doing, I guess.

Eye doctor appointments for both have been scheduled and I couldn't reach the appt desk to schedule Finn's endocrinologist appt, but will call next week (maybe closed on Friday?!?!). Early Childhood Screening also left me a message to have Finn re-screened for PT, so I just have to call her back. Although Jane, Finn's old PT, said that if he is functional, which he is, it will probably have to be done through medical channels (out-of-pocket), not the school district (free!). Of course. So many things to keep track of!!

On a much brighter note, Thrusday night after work, I met Connie at the Eden Prairie Mall and we had a HUGE shopping spree! I had a wonderful experience at Maurice's. Their employees act like personal shoppers, which is what I need since I HATE shopping. In the end, I got three pairs of pants for work, two jeans, six tops, a blazer and "ugg" style boots...all for under $300. What?!?! I know. I had so much fun and really appreciated Connie going with me. Next time is Stacey's turn for a shopping spree and I'll be happy to go along...I'm sure I can find a few more things that I "need." And while I was gone, Jim said the kids were actually pretty good, helped to pick up the house and even played a game! Bed time didn't go very well, but they were probably tired from all the fun they had with daddy!   Today we are in full party mode. Lots to do before the festivities begin at 4pm!

No comments: