Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, February 27

Weight loss pics

Interesting note: today, Korri is the age that Finn was the day she was born. Weird.

Last night, aunt Kelsie saved the day night and came over to watch/play with the kids so that Jim could go to the Gopher basketball game with Mike and I could go to Mom's Night Out with Pam and Sharon. She even gave them a bath and BRAIDED Korri's hair! Something I've wanted to do but didn't think there was any chance she'd sit still long enough. This makes me realize how LONG Korri's hair is...still not ready to cut it though!
The Gophers shocked the world by beating the #1 ranked Indiana and almost gave Jim a heart attack! We ladies went to Doolittle's and had wonderful food and conversation, as always. Great choice on location, Pam!

I finally took my "goal" pictures and am ready to share my before, during and after pictures for my weight loss journey. Man, it is embarrassing how far I'd let myself go, but on the bright side, I stuck with it and feel great now...just need to maintain all the hard work I've done. Argh!
Day 1: 8/24
One month later: 12 lbs lost.
 
Two months later: 18 lbs lost.

Three months later: 27.5 lbs lost.

Four months later: 35.5 lbs. lost.

Five months later: 45.5 lbs. lost.

Six months later=GOAL!!!!!!!!!!! FIFTY LBS LOST!!!
When I started, I was barely squeezing into a size 12. Now I am a comfortable size 4 (although I'd be fine with a size 6, too!) and more amazing...I have six pack abs (under the extra skin of carrying two children!). I feel good and I feel strong...two things that always seem to ellude me. I would like to lose a couple more pounds to give myself a cushion because everybody's weight fluxuates a little. I have to say, I can't wait to put on a bikini when we go on vacation in just over a week!

6 comments:

Lorry said...

Stacy you inspire me!

Stacy Thomas said...

Thanks, Lorry! It isn't easy, but SO worth it :)

Leah said...

Stacy - That is amazing! Wow! I was thinking when I met you. Must have been in the fall when school started, and I thought you looked great then! Seriously, I wouldn't have thought you had weight to lose! Good for you! :)

Stacy Thomas said...

Thank you, Leah! Yes, I started losing weight the week before class started in the fall. The first month seemed to be the most noticable, so maybe you just don't remember what I looked like the first night :)

Jim said...

Good job honey - I'm very proud of what you accomplished and so impressed with how determined and dedicated you were in sticking to the program. Love you and way to go!!

Stacy Thomas said...

Aw, shucks! Thanks! I think it worked because of the Master Chef that I have living with me. It made it so much easier. Thanks for cooking healthy, even if you didn't eat it!!