Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, February 26

Tumbling; take two

Last night was the second night of tumbling. All week, we talked about tumbling class before going to bed; about our expectations of Finn and the consequence if he didn't meet those expectations. He seemed on board and was even asking if tumbling was THAT night (whichever night it happened to be). Well, Korri was sent home early from daycare yesterday with a fever, so Jim opted to stay home with her while I took Finn to tumbling.

On the way there, we talked about Finn participating right away, all the way and with a happy heart (thanks, Krista for the line...LOVE it!). He seemed excited since we got there a few minutes early, was running around and having fun. I even text Jim to say Finn was running around and that things were "so far so good." And then the coaches walked in. Finn clammed up and while he did sit ON the mat, refused to sit with the other kids or respond when they asked him his name. I was done, so I picked him up, put his socks and shoes on and walked out the door (with no coat because he wouldn't put it on). I was seeing red, I was so mad. Halfway to the car, he stopped walking. I said I would listen if he stopped screaming and had something to say. He said that he wanted to go back to tumbling and he would participate. I took him at his word, we went back and low and behold...HE PARTICIPATED!!! I wish I could have taken my blood pressure at this point because I know it was through the roof. I kept waiting for him to fall apart but he sat next to Braeland and even volunteered to go first once! After class, the kids ran around for a bit and Finn and I wresteled on the mat. I told him that he made mom's heart super happy and that I was so proud of him. Progress...we'll see what next week brings!!

No comments: