Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, February 13

Sick again?

Tuesday, Finn's teacher called me to let me know that Finn wasn't feeling well AGAIN! Of course, Jim is traveling again this week, too. Finn had a low-grade fever (not high enough to send him home), was legthargic and hadn't eaten anything all day. I didn't get her message until 3:30 or 4, so I didn't leave work early. I talked to his teacher and she thought it was allergies or a sinus infection. He was clearly under the weather with something that night. He sat on the couch and just stared ahead, although did eat a little bit for dinner, which made me happy. I also let him take a glass of apple juice to bed which is something I NEVER allow, but I figured he probably needed the calories and hydration (a soaking wet diaper in the AM confirmed he is hydrated!). I called the nurse's line and she said it didn't sound urgent and recommended NOT taking him to Urgent Care, but waiting to go to his Ped's office. I gave him Advil in the evening and about 45 minutes later, I could tell he was feeling better.

So this morning, I armed him with a dose of Advil before I dropped him off...hoping that would at least get him to nap time for the day. I did not receive a phone call all day and when I picked him up, his teacher said he was like a different kid. Sheesh. But after a scheduling fiasco on their end, we were able to get an appt with at his Ped's office for Thursday AM and decided to keep it. He has been coughing with on/off runny nose, fever and lethargic since before Christmas. It could just be several viruses combined, but it could be something else, too. I just want him to feel better because it is NOT normal for him to be sick...at ALL. So, Jim got home last night (yay!) and is able to take him to the doctor today. Hopefully good news and not just "he has a virus."

No comments: