Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, February 20

Let's Dish

Monday night, Finn had his first night of tumbling. Laena, Braeland and Henry are all in the same class and once we got there, we saw he has the same teacher/coach that he had last spring! However, it made no difference in Finn's horrible attitude, lack of participation and overall disruption of the class. I was/am SO frustrated with the whole thing. Maybe he is so introverted that he hates being in a class setting?!?! I don't think so because he used to do just fine. If there is a bright side, by the end of class, he at least sat in line (did not participate, though) and walked like a bear at the very end. I guess that is something...right?!?! Korri on the other hand, while a little hesitant at first, really wanted to participate, but she is too little (you have to be at least 3). So, Jim's solution is to have Finn mark off every day on the calendar until the next tumbling class and talk about how he is going to behave at that class. Hey, I'm willing to try anything. Fingers crossed!I like the other location better because the space is much bigger and has more equipment, but I think the kids had fun (other than Finn, of course!) and I like that this class is NOT parent participation (ha, I'm so lazy!).

Last night, DeAnn so graciously came over to watch the kids (even after a really hard, long day!) so I could go with my MOMS Club to Let's Dish! It is a company where you pre-order meals you want to make, they prep the food before you get there, you assemble it in freezer bags (with instructions on how to prepare it) and then take it home for ready-to-make meals! I'm heard of it before and always wanted to try. Sharon agreed to come with me and I'm so glad she did! The meals are HUGE (SIX pork chops for four people?!?!), so I split all of ours in half. I'll be curious to see how quickly we go through them, but by splitting them, it came to about $10 per meal, which is CHEAP! I'd like to try it again, I think. If nothing else, it was a new experience and I got to get out and spend time with friends, and even do a little shopping after ;) FYI: Old Navy has crazy good deals right now!

Jim is traveling again this week. Boo. He hasn't booked his return flight yet and now with the winter storm coming Thursday/Friday, I'm a little worried that he won't make it back! I selfishly think he should come back BEFORE the storm to ensure his safety :)

No comments: