Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, February 15

Let us eat cake

Well, Jim took Finn to the doctor yesterday morning. The nurse practitioner conferred with our actual Pediatrician, who was in the office, and they strongly believe that because this is Finn's first winter/flu season at daycare and because he has periods of 3-5 days where he is feeling better, that it is a string of different viruses that he keeps contracting. Which is really frustrating but that is what I was thinking as well. I just wish it had been a sinus infection or something that could be treated and then he would feel better. SO, the plan is to get him through this season and go back in April if he isn't better by then (unless he gets worse, of course). Argh!

On the bright side, Jim said that Finn was very well behaved all morning. They picked me up for lunch and while the restaurant was horrible (Davanni's in downtown), we had a nice visit with just the three of us. Out of the blue, Finn said something about Justin Bieber...how the heck does he know about Justin Bieber?!?! Finn was also obsessed with the building next to us and wanting it to fall over?!?! How does he come up with these things? I asked him if he liked having time with mommy and daddy without Koko...and he smiled and nodded his head.

On a different note, I have my first real cake order! Thanks Kelsie, for the referral. I'm SUPER excited about it. The client wants a 3D R2D2 cake for her husband's 30th birthday! How fun and I already know R2D2's dimensions and how I'm going to do it (or at least how I THINK I'm going to do it). I'm nervous since it is my first paying cake by somebody I don't know. It is for a surprise party, so I'm not sure how delivery and assembly will work, but we'll figure that out. Can't wait!! Remind me of my excitement when the night before the cake is due, I'm totally freaking out and think the cake is going to suck :)

The kids got an art easel and super hero costumes for Valentine's Day:


No comments: