Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, January 24

The little things

Sometimes I forget to stop and mention the little things and changes in our lives and with the kids. Korri's language and vocabulary has gone bonkers this last month. She said something this morning (which I, of course, can't remember) and I just looked at her like, "Did you just say that?!?!" Her favorite new phrase is, "Yeah, baby!" and I have no idea where she picked it up...but it is ridiculously cute. Also, when she passes gas, she stops what she's doing and has to say, "Ha, toot!" She LOVES baby dolls and holding and cuddling with anything. She continues to suck her thumb a LOT, and I'm starting to think we should encourage her to stop (at least during the day while she is awake). I feel like she is already starting to out-grow 24 month/2T clothes! How is that possible? I'll be curious to see how much she has grown at her well-child next week. She had one biting incident at daycare this week, followed the next day by a "near" biting incident, but I'm not really concerned. She gets frustrated (understandably so) and is still learning skills on how best to deal with it. One such way, is if she does get mad, she will put her hand up and say, "Stop!" which I think is really good (however, when you have a big brother who never listens to you, it just makes one even madder!).

Finn has been struggling with overall attitude and growing pains. A day doesn't go by where he doesn't say something hurts. It is hard for me because I don't want to over medicate, but I don't know if he actually hurts or if he just wants attention or doesn't want to do what we are asking. He has reverted to a whiny stage, which is the worst, and is very "fragile." He asks for KiKi constantly, which make me wonder if he has an unhealthy attachment to it?!?! Korri pinched his finger while we were at Target last night (a little skin was scraped) and he lost it...HUGE crocodile tears and everything. On a brighter side, he has adjusted very well to the older preschool class at daycare. I can tell by their daily activities and routine that it is focused for older kids and for school readiness. We have "homework" to do with him, like "have Finn tell you a story about X" or "have Finn decorate this object without using crayons" or things like that (aimed at critical thinking, I assume). I really like it and while he is on the young side of mentally understanding a lot of it, he really thinks about it, which I love to see. Oh, and thanks to Dillon, Phineas and Ferb is Finn's new favorite TV show (I think most of it is over his head, as their target market is older boys, but he insists on it). He even picked Phineas and Ferb band-aids for the above mentioned Target pinching incident.

Speaking of Target, what do they have against dress pants?!?! I needed a new pair and they had one pair in the size I was looking for (a size I have NEVER bought before in my whole life...yay!!!). Not in a particular style but in the whole STORE! I just don't get it at a store like that, which has a HUGE clothing department and floor space. SO frustrating.

Because I don't like posts without at least one picture, here is a pic of Korri from Monday...she is such a hoot!!

No comments: