Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, January 28

Swim swimin' all day

Saturday was a day of swimming! We had our third swim class and for whatever reason, Finn was fine! Maybe he'd become familiar with the pool and surroundings, or maybe it was because I was watching him instead of being in the water with Korri or maybe he just had a good attitude that morning. Who knows?!?! But regardless, both Finn and Korri had a great time at swim class. I was super happy that Jim felt well enough to go in with Korri because, well, I hate getting wet and the chlorine dries my skin out terribly, but also because I was excited to be able to watch Finn. It is so much fun watching him interact in a group setting when I'm not part of it. Funny how when Finn was in parent/child swim class, Jim and I both went in the water with him every week. Now, I'm so happy to switch back and forth with Jim and am counting the sessions before Korri can do a class by herself, too! Perspective, I guess (or getting lazy in my old age?!?!).


After swim class, Finn was not happy that daddy had to go meet with his business partner (because Jim had been gone all week for work) so we decided that after nap, we would meet Jim there and go swimming. We all had a blast, even though the pool area was particularly small at this hotel. And I was happy to discover that even the "big" pool wasn't THAT cold. Yay! FYI: I need to get a smaller suit. Between Korri grabbing me, Finn jumping on me and general activities one does in a pool, I'm pretty sure I was flashing everybody and/or losing my bottoms the whole time! LOL. Guess it is a good "problem" to have. The kids were so good all day. Maybe we are on the up-swing of getting out of the constant bad attitudes?!?!

Sunday, Korri and I went to church by ourselves since Jim wasn't feeling well and Finn chose to stay home. OMG...if church weren't a family activity, I would suggestion always taking them separately! Korri was a complete angel, even though she needs to learn not to talk constantly (hmmm...takes after somebody we know?!?!). We brought one book and her care bear and she played (for the most part) quietly and read the hymnals and sang along with the songs and shouted "Amen!" whenever she heard others say it. The family two rows behind us were in love with her, I think! Who can blame them? I took a quick pic of her reading:

After church, we went to aunt Janice's house to try on and pick up Korri's party dress for her birthday that Janice made specially for her. I'm saving pics until her party, but let's just say it goes along with the theme of her party and it turned out even better than I hoped! Janice, you are amazing, as always. Thank you!! We got home just in time as the freezing rain turned to snow. Then, we hunkered down for the rest of the day, said goodbye to Ty (his flight was only delayed an hour due to the weather!) and had family time (Finn got LOTS of daddy time on Sunday). Perfect weekend, if you ask me!

No comments: