Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, January 23

Stay At Home?

Due to MLK Day, I stayed home with the kids on Monday (Capella and daycare were both closed). Dillon also came over to play since he didn't have school. Honestly, it was the best day EVER...and totally made me homesick for the days of being a Stay-At-Home Mom. I got so much done, I had patience with the kids who were in great moods (probably thanks to Dillon!), I was even able to relax a little, we just went with the flow...it was great. I have to say, I think I did a really good job with the transition to working full time and for the most part, I've been completely happy with the decision, with only a little melancholy for days of old. However, Monday made me ACHE to stay home again. Argh...I wish I could get paid even half of my current salary but to stay home instead and be a mom!

Then to top off my perfect day, I got to go out for my Mom's Night Out with Sharon and Pam! A girl honestly couldn't ask for more. Sharon is a huge fan of Indian food and since it was her turn to chose the restaurant, she picked...Indian! I was a little nervous because it is new and I didn't know what to expect. But I worried for naught, as it was AMAZING! And I think it was somewhat healthy, too?!?! Hard to tell when there is sauce on everything :) I would definitely go back and Jim even expressed interest in trying it! Thanks for a wonderful evening, as always, ladies! I am so fortunate to have such wonderful examples of motherhood in my life whom I also call friends!

Then to follow my perfect day, came floor hockey last night. Sheesh. I talked to Finn ahead of time about his attitude and participating, etc. No such luck. He was literally glued to my side and would not partake in the activities...unless I did, too (which isn't really possible when I have Korri, too). By the end of class, I was at the end of my rope. I know in the scheme of his life, it isn't a big deal, but I also feel like we need to teach him about following through (blah, blah, blah) AND these are classes we paid for, so he should at LEAST pick up a darn stick! It probably didn't help that Jim left yesterday morning and will be gone until Friday evening. Boo! We got used to having him around over the holidays and I think Finn (as do all kids, I'm sure) behaves differently when daddy is here.

No comments: