Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, January 17

One cool dude

Finn would NOT participate in Floor Hockey on Tuesday night. It was the second class, so I thought he would jump right in, especially since he has three friends in the class. But no. He sat next to me or climbed on the bleachers for over half the class. Toward the end, he warmed up a bit and at least grabbed a stick and played (by himself mostly!) a little bit. Argh. Things like that really frustrate me. What got him off the bench was the coach brought out foam Frisbees to work on hand-eye coordination, which ALL the kids (including Korri!) loved. Finn was actually pretty good at throwing it...I wonder if Jim has worked with him on it before?!?! At the end, both Finn and Korri were in the thick of the hockey "game"...seriously, that girl has no fear! Prior to class, Sharon brought dinner for the kids, which was really helpful and appreciated (especially since Jim was traveling this week and I had my hands full!).

Last night, I decided it was time to get Finn's hair cut. It has been driving me nuts for a while and at the very least, he needed a trim. I talked to Jim and we agreed that Finn could decide what to do. Finn's response? "I want a cut. Mommy, what's a cut?" Last time we went, we were the only people in the place so I didn't make an appointment. BIG MISTAKE! Apparently Wednesdays are a special price day, so it was packed and we had to wait over 45 minutes. But they have toys and both kiddos were very patient. Once it was finally Finn's turn, he didn't want to go until the hair stylist bribed him with a sucker and watching Finding Nemo. I asked Finn again what he wanted and he didn't care, so I told the lady to do whatever she wanted. After a total of about 10 minutes, this is what she came up with:



Pretty cool dude! I love the spray-on color (might need to get some of that!). It is technically a faux hawk, so you can style like a mohawk or just have it down, too. He looks so old and so much less shaggy! Lesson learned? Next time make an appointment beforehand. Oh, so I'd told Finn that if he was good, I would get him sweet potato fries at Burger King afterward (there is one across the street). We pull up and find out they don't have them any more! What?!?! Finn completely lost it so I had to pull away with nothing. I went to get gas and told Finn to calm down and think about what he wanted instead. He decided he wanted fries and chicken nuggets. So we went back and got a kids meal for both to share. Crisis averted, but I wish I'd known ahead of time. Lame. Not that fried food is ever good, but sweet potatoes are actually good for you vs. potatoes that really aren't. Good decision on that one, Burger King.

As you can see above, Korri was so good and was very interested in the whole hair-cutting process (but surprisingly, never asked to get her hair cut...not that I would have!). You can also see the band-aid on her face...another child scratched her at daycare. One thing I love about Korri's current age, she is old enough to tell me WHO did it (the accident report doesn't say). Good to know! LOL. So honest at this age. She is one tough cookie, but my initial thought was...I wonder what Korri did to deserve the scratch?!?!

No comments: