Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, January 11

Last class, new location?

Last night was our last class of ECFE for the semester. We still don't know what class we will be in for the spring, so it was sad to say goodbye to our friends. Yes, I know the semester did not start out well, but we really grew to like and enjoy this group of parents and kids. I felt like the other parents were very open and honest while still being supportive and I think that is a hard combination to find. We MAY be in the same class for the second semester, but are hoping to switch to a Friday morning class instead (due to the issues we've had with the staff for this class). We did our semester-end review/feedback surveys and I ran out of room with all my feedback! Probably won't change anything, but at least I feel I've said my peace...especially if we do end up taking this same class again!

My one concern about switching locations is that Korri took so long to warm up to this location and finally separates with no problem...I really don't want to go backward by changing the location. Maybe she outgrew it, though...I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm also sad that Jim won't be able to go to every class if we do Friday AM, but we both agreed that 1. I get more out of the parent time, 2. because of the staffing issues at the current locations, it is worth changing AND 3. Jim travels so often that he wouldn't make it to every class, even if we stayed with Thursday nights. So, there we are. He will come when his schedule allows. I'm hoping to find out about my work schedule on Monday and then we can decide.

Swim class starts tomorrow! Kind of excited and kind of nervous just because it is a new location and I don't like not knowing what to expect (and this pool isn't heated...burrr!). This will be Finn's first swim class without us being in the water with him, so we'll see how that goes. Now we just need to find their swimming suits...hmmm...

No comments: