Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, January 9

I can see clearly now

I received the best early birthday present I could have asked for yesterday: Korri's eye doctor appointment results! Jim took Korri for her 6 month follow up appointment and...the doctor saw no preference for either eye! That means either the patching worked, through normal development/growth her eyes adjusted or her glasses did what they were supposed to do, but regardless, her brain recognizes both of her eyes and they are both focusing! I was NOT expecting that news and almost cried when I was talking to Jim. So, the plan is to wean her off the patch over the next three months (one hour every other day), stop patching for the next three months and then have a follow up. She still needs her glasses and most likely will forever, but that isn't a concern for me/us at this point. I'm so happy and I think remembering to patch every other day is very doable. Yay for good news from a doctor :) Thank you yet again to my wonderful husband for taking time out of his day to take her to the appointment!

No comments: