Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, January 8

Finally forty!

Since it is my last day being 33 years old, I thought it fitting to provide an update on "Operation One Hot Momma." Yesterday, I reached the 40 pounds lost milestone, which is a very big deal for me. It has been 4.5 very long months filled with constant challenges but I have persevered. I still have a number on the scale that I want to achieve, so I have a little more to lose, but I feel good. In addition, I bought new pants last night and for the first time in my adult life (I'd say whole life, but I don't think you'd believe me!), I bought a size SIX pants! While I think I was close, I wasn't even a size 6 at our wedding. Funny that I weigh more now but I've been doing yoga for the last two months and really truly believe that is the key for me...lengthens and tones your muscles, not to mention, makes you crazy strong...wanna arm wrestle?!?! Once I hit my goal, I hope to continue to do yoga to continue to shape my body into a more desirable form (hey, carrying, birthing and nursing two kids does a number on one's body!). I feel really good about ME...which I don't say or feel very often. I have before pictures but I want to wait to post, along with after pictures, until I've reached my goal! I've lost weight before, so now my long term goal is to KEEP IT OFF!!! That always seems to be the tricky part for me. I hope to post in one year on my 35th birthday that I am still a size six. As the Little Engine That Could says, "I think I can, I think I can..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Stacy. I know you have worked really hard to lose the weight. I am really proud of you.

Ron