Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, January 7

Birthday plans

I guess when your birthday party isn't ON your birthday, you actually do turn four twice! LOL...or at least that's how a four year old sees it. Finn's actual birthday (Sunday) was pretty low key. Grandma stayed over night and went to church with us while daddy stayed home and rested (still fighting his chest/cough/pneumonia issues!). The kids were awful, but based on their behavior over the last several weeks, I guess I wasn't surprised. At one point I told Finn that priest was mad at him and was going to come down and talk to him about his bad behavior. Finn's response..."Mommy, who's the priest?" LOL, I should know better than to try to out smart him by now!

For lunch, Finn requested his favorite...PB&J. Duh, wouldn't you if you could?!?! He absolutely LOVES his new basketball hoop that hooks on the back of the door...can't really shoot very well yet, but still loves it! Then daddy ran errands to get new medication and the kids went down for a nap. I met my aunt Janice (with my other aunt Angie and cousin Erica!) at JoAnn Fabrics to pick out fabric for Korri's custom birthday/party dress! I am SO excited for it, I can barely stand it. I'm so lucky and thankful to have such a talented aunt who likes to do this stuff...or at least didn't tell me "no" when I asked :) When I got back home, the kids had just gotten up from their nap and I wanted to do SOMETHING special for Finn's birthday, so I took them to Choo Choo Bob's! Finn had birthday money burning a hole in his proverbial pocket and they didn't close until 6pm. We played for about an hour and a half and Finn picked out two trains, Ol' Puffer Pete and a Muscical Car both from Chugginton (Koko was sold out!). Now he has Chuggington trains! He was so proud. I had him do the transaction all by himself and he was such a big boy. Then we came home, watched Chuggington (duh!), played with his new scooter (which took him about 1 minute to figure out...still needs to learn how to stear, tho!) and had pizza and hotdogs for dinner (What? He's four and that's what he wanted!). Laena, Braeland and Lilly better watch out...I see lots of races this spring/summer!!

Finn said he had a wonderful birthday. When you ask him how old he is, he says, "Three, ~pause~ I mean four" which is pretty funny considering he NEVER answered "three" the entire year he WAS three! Again, thank you to everybody who helped make it so special on Saturday. We really are so blessed to have all of you in our lives. Now, we need to find room for all the new stuff from Christmas and Finn's birthday! Hmmm...auntie Kristine and auntie Becca...which one wants (i.e. has to have) our "old" toys?!?! LOL! Maybe Auntie NaeNae or Uncle John wants to store them for the future?

No comments: