Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, January 10

Birthday bliss

Jim totally outdid himself for my birthday! I have to admit, since Finn's birthday is so close to mine, I tend to not really pay attention to mine any more. And it is actually okay with me, as long as it is a little more special than just an ordinary day. Since Jim made plans for us for this weekend (tickets to Bye Bye Birdie at Chanhassen Dinner Theater and an over night at a hotel!), I figured we'd have an nice quiet family night at home for my actual birthday. But Jim went above and far beyond the call by proactively asking some friends to come over for dinner AND cooking a super wonderful meal for us! DeAnn and Les came over early and hung out for a while (much to the enjoyment of my two children!!). Then later, Kristine, Sharon and Pam came over (without kids!) for a grown-up birthday dinner! It was absolutely wonder, although I did miss my bestie, Stacey. :( Jim made prime rib, crab legs, roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes finished with a super yummy (yes, I even had a small piece!) store bought cake! I am so touched and feel so special that Jim went to all the "trouble" and that people were able to come on a week night. It was fabulous.

To top it off, the kids got me the deluxe cake decorating tip set, which I just realized I wanted last week when I was making Finn's cake! I have several tips, but I wanted doubles (or triples!) of the common ones you use several times per cake and I wanted to get more variety of the lesser used ones. I think it has around 30 tips, so that should help round out my collection. Jim got me what every girl wants and needs...a Blair Walsh authentic Vikings jersey! Seriously, other than the tickets to the Vikings/Packers game, this might be my all-time favorite gift. He had to have it shipped, so it isn't here yet, but I can't wait to put it on (even if the Vikings are sadly done playing for the year).

To say that my cup runneth over (which you all know is a saying I like), doesn't even come close to how I feel. If my cup were the size of a swimming pool and it were monsoon season...maybe that is a little closer! Thank you to everybody who wished me well, sent me good thoughts and prayers and took time out of their busy lives to make me feel special on my birthday. I am so blessed in so many ways. THANK YOU!

And happy birthday to Auntie Kristine today! Yes, our birthdays are one day apart :)

No comments: