Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, December 18

Santa dress

On Sunday, we got all dressed up (because what's the point of Christmas clothes if you only wear them once?) and went to Erica's church to see the Christmas pagent that SHE WROTE! Our kids behaved decently and Erica's play was amazing! I am so impressed and even more than that, she was super outgoing and bubbly. My shy, quiet little Erica is coming out of her shell! I could not have been more proud of her if she were my own child. I only hope that my kids can accomplish something so inspirational some day!

When we got home, since we were all dressed up, I decided I wanted to take a family picture. Jim found my tripod, we almost broke it getting the camera on it (um, use the release lever on the side, duh!) and Finn had a meltdown. I mean, I JUST WANT A NICE PICTURE! Jim threatened and possibly bribed Finn, I set the picture in the frame, used the timer and this is what we got:
Not bad, all things considered. Korri LOVES her dress and calls it her "Santa dress." And she had to tell anybody who would listen how she sat on Santa's lap, which she didn't...who is she trying to fool?!?! I'm glad the tripod worked so well, now maybe I'll use it a little more. I also love the feature on my camera that takes 10 consecutive pictures so you don't have to keep setting it back up if that ONE picture didn't turn out. We had to set it back up three times, in order to get this one, which isn't bad with two kiddos!

Then we got to spend the rest of the day with DILLON! Finn was so excited and would not leave his side the whole time Dillon was at our house (poor Dillon!). A while ago we asked Finn who he wanted to invite to his birthday and he said, "Austin and...Dillon!" I think he views both has the big brothers he doesn't have. I'm so glad he is close to both of them. Thanks for sharing your son with us, Stacey! Like I said, we'll take him any time :) NeNe and Uncle Les stopped over for a quick visit and Les shaved off his mustache! I couldn't believe it because he looks so different...good, though! Finn faked a nap yesterday (duh, Dillon was here, who has time to nap?!?!), so he was in bed sleeping before 7, I think! Jim and I had so much fun with Korri for that hour before she went to bed. Jim commented that when does she get time to just play by herself or have us to herself? Probably NEVER!

No comments: