Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, December 9

Pay attention, ignore your child

Thursday night, I had another run-in with the child educator as ECFE. I really have been trying to have a good attitude about her and even having some success. Well, last week, Jim was flying in from Michigan and didn't get to class until the parents separated from the kids; which means I had both kids by myself for Circle Time. Circle Time is supposed to be a fun time where parents and kids sing songs together, dance, play with a parachute, etc. That night they handed out rhythm sticks, which always makes me nervous (like giving a group of convicts billy clubs!). So I was paying attention to Finn and Korri so they wouldn't hit each other and I wasn't really paying attention to the song OR my ability to actually use the sticks. The educator felt the need to stop the whole group and explain that we (and yes, she specifically said ME!) weren't doing it right and had to keep the beat with the rhythm, not the beat of the words to the song. Okay, I'll try to focus on YOU and not my children so I can bang two sticks together in a way that YOU find appropriate.

Well, during the next song, Finn started acting up and I had to pull him aside and deal with his behavior, all the while having Korri on my lap, who was trying to sing and dance! Apparently, the educator stopped the class again and made some speech about listening and paying attention and specifically called ME out in front of the whole class. I'm sorry I didn't hear her because I was busy PARENTING! What the heck would she have me do? Let Finn act up and disrupt the whole freaking class? One of the moms mentioned it when we went to parent time and I was shaking and seeing red I was so mad. The parent educator did ask me about it after class and I told her what happened, but this is the 12,893 time there's been a problem with the child educator and NOTHING EVER CHANGES! We have three more classes and then sadly, because I really do like this group of parents/kids, we are switching locations to a morning class just to get away from her (hoping to at least...I registered this morning, but it is a lottery to get in). She has to be close to 119 years old, so somebody should let her know that I'll throw her a party if she'd just hurry up and retire!

Moving on...Friday, the four of us went to Rosedale to see Santa. Apparently Friday nights is the time to go as there was only ONE child in front of us in line. The experience was classic...Finn climbed right on and talked Santa's ear off about how he wanted a train table so Korri can have her own and won't play with his any more. Korri, however, was TERRIFIED! She was fine as long as I was holding her AND we were at least five feet away. We actually got her to stand next to Santa and I think the pic turned out pretty well, all things considered:
Of course, afterward, they got little elf hats and THEN Korri was all brave and talked about Santa and thought he was pretty cool. What a goof!

No comments: