Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, December 5

Decorating, cookies and projects

Since I told Jim that Finn was asking about the tree, he HAD to put it up Thursday night right when he got home! But we waited to decorate until Friday night. Finn just wanted to watch "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" on TV and didn't help much. Korri shimmied right up to Jim and "helped" with the ornaments. She thought the bulbs on the lights were really cool (colored LED) and kept trying to squeeze them. I'm pleasantly surprised that we've had no issues with the tree or the ornaments being bothered, knocked over or broken. Fingers are crossed...

Last week at ECFE, Korri actually played with other people during play time and did not cry at all (a little whining at her displeasure!) when we separated. I don't know if she is finally getting comfortable with the room, the people or just really wanted to eat the Teddy Grahams that were on the plate for snack time! My fingers are crossed it wasn't just a fluke.

Saturday, we dropped the kiddos off at NeNe's in the afternoon and we headed to Ryan and Leah's for our Annual Cookie Exchange. I made Chai Pumpkin Spice Blossoms and while they are a unique flavor, I think they turned out really well. Now everybody is asking for more and I'm having a hard time finding pumpkin spice kisses (they are seasonal)!
The party was so much fun and relaxing to be out with friends and not worry about the kids. I think we both had a bit too much to drink and there was a mountain of food, but isn't that what holiday parties are for? The kids had a blast at NeNe's as always. I hope they didn't wear her out too much. Thanks for hosting, Ryan and Leah!

Sunday, Kristine and Zander came over for the day. He is such a joy. It is fun to see his development and makes me realize the new things Korri is doing (otherwise, I don't have a point of reference and don't always pay attention!). Kristine and I worked on a special family project all day and finally at 11:15pm, I clicked the "order" button, which felt very rewarding. I still can't believe we did it all in one day, but man, we made a good team, even if we somewhat neglected our children...oops! I found out that Zander will love his Christmas present...LOL! We have the same thing and he didn't put it down all day except when Korri would take it from him. I was a little happy to see Zander hit Korri...not that hitting is okay, but just made me realize how normal it is...and gives her a dose of her own medicine :) I LOVE this picture...after his nap, Zander actually was cuddly. His momma didn't seem to mind!

No comments: