Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, December 20

Brand spankin' new roof

Holy moly...the roof is DONE (for the most part)! The shingles and dumpster arrived on Monday and they demolished and rebuilt the house AND garage roofs on Tuesday! They didn't leave until the evening, but they got it all done in ONE day. I am very impressed. They still need to fix something around the windows, but we think that had to be ordered and will be done later today. Jim said it was VERY loud all day (I can only imagine). I'm just glad I wasn't home with the kids trying to get them to nap :) We've never gone through this process before, but I had visions of it dragging on and on. So glad that isn't the case. We now have a new roof (which will sound great on a listing if/when we try to sell our house!).

We had the pleasure of having Stacey over Tuesday night to celebrate her new job. We are so excited for her and this new adventure. I'm most excited to be able to see her more since she will be working "normal" hours. Retail hours are for the birds (I think she would whole heartedly agree!). Jim cooked a great meal, as always, and even kept it healthy for the most part. Gotta love giving him a challenge :) Congratulations, Stacey. We are so proud of you :)

Jim and I have been working on wrapping presents after the kids go to bed. I wrap, he bedazzles (i.e. put ribbon, bows and name tags on!). We are a well-oiled machine. We have a few more stragglers and then we are done. Yay! Oh, and I'd better go through my list to make sure I didn't forget any presents...I have a history of doing that. I love having presents under the tree. The first morning after we started, Finn thought Santa had come! I wish I could have seen his reaction, but Jim said it was priceless.

3 comments:

Ashlee Starns said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neil Hirsh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lue Madson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.