Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, December 31

Best game of my life!

Sunday, we had to hurry up and head home from mom's because...I had tickets to the Vikings/Packers game! Jim had gotten me the tickets for Christmas and arranged to have Stacey come with as my date. Jim took the kids and Dillon over to NeNe's house for the game and dinner and I think Dillon even warmed to the idea of watching football (he said that Jim only swore four times the whole game...LOL!). I know his mom warmed to the idea of football, so we might convert them yet! Jim sent us this pic during the game:
Hmmm...

Stacey and I headed to downtown a little after 2pm. It was pretty cold, so after finding a friend in the tailgate lot, we headed into the Dome via the first door we found. Note to future self: to avoid rabid drunk fans from a border battle and possible mob trampling, go in the gate suggested on your ticket! After being almost squished to death (seriously!), we found our seats (upper deck), which were really good, just before kick off. Perfect! This was Stacey's first Vikings game AND she doesn't have a lot of knowledge of the details of the game, so she made me feel smart by answering her questions. However, if you go to a game or watch a game with me, do NOT talk about "when the Vikings win" during the game when it isn't a blow out game! LOL. I seriously, had the time of my life. It was by far, the best football game I've ever watched and to experience it with Stacey, was super special. However, now she is ruined for all other football games because they are normally not that good. Adrian Peterson missed the all-time season rushing record by 8 yards, but I'll take the win over the record every time! With that win, the Vikings made it into the playoffs (they were 3-13 last year!) and are headed, ironically, to Lambeau Field this coming weekend to play...yup, the Packers! I will gladly sit at home in my warm living room surrounded by anybody who wants to stay after Finn's birthday party and watch it on my comfy couch...Packer fans are crazy to be out in zero temps!



Thank you so much Jim for getting me the tickets. It was one of the best presents of my life. I am so thankful and lucky to have you for a husband and partner in life. And thank you for arranging for Stacey to go with and taking Dillon so she could. Also, thank you Stacey for sharing such a special event and day with me. My cup runneth over.

No comments: