Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, November 2

Who you callin' short?

Finn's endrocrinologist appointment went really well on Wednesday. For the first time in his life, he is at the 10th percentile for height! And that means...he is no longer considered to be "short stature" any more! That is so crazy to me and now I must change my thoughts/feelings on height and where he may end up falling. The other good news is that looking at his growth curve, it shows us that he is growing faster than what the average is for his peers...so there is hope he could get even higher on the curve! There are SEVERAL factors they look at when assessing height issues and Finn isn't currently at risk for any of them, so while we need to do a follow up in 6 months, there was no further testing at this point! Yay! He did get an x-ray of his hand to assess his bone age. Bone age is the degree of maturation of a child's bones. A child's current height and bone age can be used to predict adult height. So basically, if the x-ray shows his "bone age" to be that of a 2 year old, it predicts he has more growing to do than if it shows that of a 5 year old? Make sense? The other factor is puberty: the later he hits puberty, the more he will grow, since after puberty you don't grow any more. Finn was super good at the appointment. He is "growing" up! LOL, sorry, couldn't resist!

Operation Get Skinny for Hawaii is still a go, just truncated the name to Operation Get Skinny since Hawaii has come and gone and I'm not at (or near!) my goal weight! Three "wins" that I'm very happy about and want to share are 1. I had to buy the next size smaller in dress pants last week. 2. I've lost enough weight for my wedding ring to fit comfortably again (I refused to have it re-sized because that would be giving in/up)! 3. I've lost 20 pounds since starting my weight loss journey in August! I honestly feel great and will feel even better after the next 20! Thanks for all the support up to this point and going forward, especially my wonderful husband who makes me super healthy meals every single night! I've been taking progress pictures, but I think I'm going to wait to share!

Oh and last night, both kids were possessed by evil spirits. Korri now sleeps in Finn's room and it is going so much better than either of us dared hope for. Anyway, when we put them to bed, they were both screaming their lungs out and by the time we got downstairs and in the kitchen, they were quiet and I think Finn was telling Korri a joke. They were sleeping minutes later. Guess we need to put a crib back in Finn's bedroom as I am SO not ready for Korri to be in a toddler bed yet! Unless you can chain her to it? No, probably not!

No comments: