Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, November 6

Up North

On Saturday, the kids and I made a trip up to Brainerd to see Holly, Odin and Breck. Jim had the Gopher game and Matt was hunting, so it worked out perfectly. Odin and Breck are within months of the same age as Finn and Korri, so it is pretty nice. We actually left our house BEFORE 8:30am! I still can't believe it, but Jim wanted to go tailgating and helped a lot to get us out the door!

The kids all played really well together and if they hadn't needed our attention, Holly and I would have gotten a lot more chatting in. I guess that is how it goes. Both kids napped on the way there, so we didn't have to leave as early as I thought we would. As it turned out, we didn't leave until almost 5:30, and it is normally a two and a half hour drive. But, after blowing out of two diapers (and outfits!) during the day, Korri pooped again when we stopped at Subway for dinner. I, of course, didn't have anything with me and had to get diapers and wipes at the gas station. Sheesh. While changing her, Finn peeped all over himself because the toilet was too high and I wasn't paying attention! THEN, after I got them back in the car, right as I was entering I94, Korri puked all over everything (I think she choked on an apple skin). By the time we got home (at almost NINE PM!), I just wanted to crawl in a hole. I guess, in hindsight, it makes me thankful that this was an anomaly and glad my kids are normally so easy to "care" for and travel with.
Overall, it was a wonderful day and both Odin and Finn were in tears when we left because they wanted to keep playing together. Too bad they live so far from us! But Finn invited Odin to come and play some day at our house, so hopefully we can schedule that before too long. Korri warmed up a lot faster this time (it took a full DAY last time!), so she was giving everybody hugs and kisses when we left.

Did Yoga this morning for the first time since...I was pregnant with Finn?!?! I think so. I made it 16 minutes before the Puke/Poop Fest of 2012 upstairs got my attention. Pj's, diapers and sheets changed=not having time to finish. To be honest, I was grateful. Holy moly yoga is hard when your body is old and stiff! Can't wait to keep doing it and seeing the results. I heart yoga (but I, unfortunately, also heart sleep!). Thanks, Holly, for the motivation and hopefully we will be rocking bikinis at our get-together in March!

Oh, and Korri scratched a kid because she was frustrated at daycare yesterday until they bled and Finn bit two kids because he wanted a drink at the water fountain. Have we failed as parents?!?! I know we haven't, but it sure makes you feel that way. We stressed to both of them yet again this morning that we DON'T do that!

No comments: